Who Is Clarity Law
Mediator and Attorney, Patrick G. Ward
I am a Mediator and Attorney committed to helping families in crisis and conflict find emotionally healthy and peaceful resolutions.
PROFESSIONAL HISTORY AND EDUCATION
- Current Owner and Founder, Clarity Law LLC
- Former Senior Assistant Attorney General, Oregon Department of Justice
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 2002
- University of Portland, Bachelor of Arts
TRAININGS AND EXPERIENCE
I am committed to ongoing education and training to achieve the highest level of competence as a Mediator and Collaborative Attorney.
- Eleven Years of experience and consistent training addressing childhood and family trauma in the court system
- Co-Parenting Specialist Certification, Mosten-Guthrie Academy
- Domestic Relations Custody and Parenting Mediation Training, Multnomah County
- Family Mediation Training, Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County
- Divorce and Family Mediation Training, Mosten-Guthrie Academy
- Advanced Family Mediation Training, Mosten Guthrie Academy
- Conflict Coaching Training, Hillsboro, Hillsboro Mediation Program
- Facilitation Training, Six Rivers Dispute Resolution Center
- Advanced Mediation Training, Tsipora Dimant, Dimant Resolutions
- Basic Mediation Training, Tsipora Dimant, Portland Community College
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals, Collaborative Training
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Oregon Mediation Association, Standards and Practices Committee
- Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals, Board Treasurer
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Clackamas Collaborative Divorce
- American Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Portland Rescue Mission, Shepherd’s Door and The Harbor, Volunteer Mediator
- Six Rivers Dispute Resolution Center, Volunteer Mediator
- Multnomah County Small Claims Program, Volunteer Mediator
Prior to starting a peaceful resolution practice, I litigated hundreds of cases involving parental custodial rights. I witnessed the trauma that children and parents suffered during and after litigation. I am now committed to helping families resolve conflict and minimize emotional trauma.
I am committed to ongoing education in the fields of Mediation and Collaborative Divorce. I spend hundreds of hours a year as an active participant in ongoing trainings and practice groups to ensure ongoing best practices to help find streamlined resolutions for clients and families.
I am the proud father of a daughter and the proud husband of his wife of 27 years. When not helping his clients, I enjoy time with my family, trail running, skiing, or bouldering.